While there’s been a lot of progress with the house renovation over the last few months, much of it has been a bit behind the scenes and not very picture worth.  Over the last couple of weeks, the office and the screened in porch have really started to come together and it completely changed the look of the front of the house – in a good way!

Here’s what it looked like before:

And now:

 

Advertisements

Phase I Completed!

August 25, 2011

The seagrass carpet has been installed and Phase I is completed!  We’re waiting to get approval from the city to finish the rest of the house and we hope to begin construction early September.

Paint!

August 11, 2011

We stopped out at the house last night to check the progress of the painters and we were quite pleased with the colors!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The previous owner had sectioned off the south side of the house to create two separate “studio” apartments that had their own entrances, bathrooms, and mini-kitchenettes.  As part of the first phase, Wes gutted that entire wing of the house and then we had a contractor come in to repair termite damage and to  frame out the two bedrooms, bathroom, and new side entrance/laundry room.  Below are some pictures of our progress, I wish I would have taken more “before” pictures to include what the rooms looked like before the demolition.  While we were pleased to not  uncover remnants of a meth lab, Wes did discover an entire wall full of baby diapers – apparently the previous owner thought this would be a great idea for insulation.

Phase I: Bedroom 2, Bathroom 2 & Hallway

This slide show includes the area that Wes refers to as the “Mother-in-law Suite” (also known as Bedroom 2).  Outside of Bedroom 2 is a hallway and the second bathroom.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

July 31, 2011

Phase I: New Side Entrance & Laundry Room

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

July 31, 2011

Phase I: Bedroom 3

This is Bedroom 3 that is located in the (current) front of the house, it originally had both east and south facing windows but we’re adding on an office that is adjacent to this room so we had to enclose one wall of windows and then add one large window along the side of the room.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.